Everyone plays. Everyone wins. Youth Sports strive to enhance every child’s personal growth and development, sports skills, and fundamentals. Fair play and sportsmanship, values and a sense of teamwork and physical fitness are incorporated into all we do. And, on top of that, kids have fun!
Our programs fill kids’ discretionary hours with positive activities and caring, adult attention. Coaches – often volunteers, including many parents – emphasize teamwork and cooperation over winning at any cost. Developing good values is far more important than developing the next superstar.
For questions regarding youth sports please contact Blake Clowers at (217) 773-2230 or email@example.com.
Mt. Sterling League
– plays at the Mt. Sterling Community Center YMCA
– open to participants from any local community!
– Toddler [2 & 3 year olds]
– Itty Bitty [4 year olds – Kindergarten]
– 1st / 2nd Grade
– 3rd / 4th Grade
– 5th / 6th Grade BOYS
– 5th / 6th Grade GIRLS
Skills Clinic & Draft – January 11th
– Toddler and Itty Bitty: None
– 1st / 2nd Grade: Skills Clinic 9-9:30 & Draft 9:30-10:30
– 3rd / 4th Grade: Skills Clinic 10:30-11 & Draft 11-12
– 5th / 6th Grade: Skills Clinic 12-12:30pm & Draft 12:30-1:30
Players will be contacted by their coaches the following week. (Practices for 3rd-6th Grade can begin the week of January 13th.)
Games: January 25th – February 22nd
– Toddler: 9:00-9:30 am
– Itty Bitty: 9:45-10:30 am
– 1st / 2nd Grade: 11:00
– 3rd / 4th Grade: 12:00
– 5th / 6th Grade: TBD
Championship: February 29th
– Toddler & Itty Bitty: None
– 1st / 2nd Grade: Time TBD
– 3rd / 4th Grade: Time TBD
– 5th / 6th Grade: Time TBD
Rushville League – Itty Bitty [4 year olds – Kindergarten]
– 1st / 2nd Grade
[Players from Rushville area outside of these ages are welcome to register for the league that plays at the Y!]
Games: January 25th – February 29th
– Itty Bitty: 9:00-9:45
– 1st / 2nd Grade: 10:00 – 11:00
Games will be held in the Purple Gym every week except February 1st and 8th. Games will be held in the High School Gym on those dates.
Cost: Members $28 & Non-Members $43
Registration forms were sent home to Brown County and Rushville Schools. Forms are also available at the Mt. Sterling Community Center YMCA. Please register by January 9th. Payment must be made at time of registration.
Late registrations will be accepted between January 10th – 19th for an additional $10. Registrations will NOT be accepted after January 19th.
Check out our Facebook page for up-to-date information! https://www.facebook.com/events/491508341481455/
Blake Clowers, Director of Healthy Living